Dr. Ben Magee is a serial entrepreneur and has founded and directed several successful businesses. His background includes over twenty (20) years of progressively responsible senior roles in business and technology management.
Dr. Magee is a talented and accomplished corporate officer and senior technology executive with a proven record of success in establishing and directing companies, programs, and teams in the areas of management consulting, information technology (IT), information security, business governance and nation building. Dr. Magee has extensive expertise in strategic IT planning for commercial, government, and defense industries, development and delivery of advanced technology solutions, and the creation of effective continuity of operations plans (COOPs). He has a strong technical background in network and system design as well. He is an effective liaison between technical and non-technical groups.
Dr. Magee is considered one of the foremost authorities in Information Assurance and Cyber Security. While supporting the Office of the Secretary of Defense in the capacity as Chief Scientist, Dr. Magee was instrumental in the establishment of The Ports, Protocols, and Services Management (PPSM) program. The PPSM program provides implementation guidance on the use of IP protocols and application and data services that traverse the DoD Networks in a manner that supports net-centric operations. The PPSM program also provides vulnerability and risk assessment information, compliance guidance, and technical assistance to achieve compliance for all information systems, applications, and services connected to the Department of Defense Information Networks (DoDIN).
Highlights of Dr. Magee’s business tenure include:
- Founded Bull Run Capital Investments in 2010 and currently holds majority and minority interest in several companies.
- Founded Infinity Solutions Group in 2012 and grew the company to Top 10 status by 2016; as ranked by Washington Business Journal, 10/27/2016.
- Founded Information Systems Security Solutions in 2002 and built to Top 10 status by 2004 and executed successful asset acquisition by 2011.
- Strategic senior executive business developer responsible for generating and managing over $500M in aggregate revenue over a 20-plus year period.
- Developed strategic relationships that lead to the successful bid and capture of several multi-billion dollar direct contracts, IDIQ and GWACs ($99B aggregate).
- Established profitable Mentor/Protégé relationship/agreement in the Department of Homeland Security.
- Established profitable relationships with clients such as Computer Sciences Corp., SRA International Corporation, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, Sprint, Dept. of Defense (DoD), and several other federal agencies.
- Built company to one of fastest-growing IT businesses in nation.
- Recognized by Minority Enterprise Magazine as one of the “Most Powerful CEOs”.
- Recognized with Washington SmartCEO’s 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 Future 50 Winner.
- SmartCEO Magazine’s Smart100 Recipient 2008-2010.
- Ranked in Top 10 of Top 25 Small Technology Businesses, Washington Business Journal.
- Personally served as Chief Design Architect, supporting Architecture Management and Information Assurance directorates of Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Chief Information Office (CIO). Created effective OSD firewall and IT change request policies and procedures. Created architecture framework for new OSD Enterprise network.
Dr. Magee received his Doctorate from Kennedy-Western University and his dual-Master’s Degree from The Johns Hopkins University-Carey School of Business. Dr. Magee holds several patents and is a published author as well.
Dr. Magee is a member of The Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., Mensa International Organization (MENSA), NAACP Silver Life Member, IEEE (advisory board member), National Association of Forensic Examiners, This United States Old Guard Association, Disabled Veterans Association (DAV).